Evangelising Women's Sport
Engagement and participation in Women’s sport is experiencing significant growth. In 2018 for the first time, the number of fans attending top level women’s sports is set to hit 682,000, a 49% increase from the previous year.
Furthermore, following the recent success of England’s female national teams particularly at hockey, cricket and netball has also seen an increase in participation. Following the England Vitality Roses netball team winning gold at the Commonwealth Games saw an almost immediate increase of 2000% of people searching for a netball club. 80,000 people play netball at least once a week and on a typical weekend there are now more women playing netball, than there are men playing rugby union.
This growth creates opportunities for brands to sponsor women’s sports and make meaningful connections with their audiences, with sportswomen and female teams offering excellent value.
We are passionate and accomplished ‘evangelists’ within Women’s sport, and Rochester Women is focused on the promotion of sportswomen and female teams, as well as PR activation for brands engaging in this area.
Case Studies & Insight
- The Grand National/Women in Racing – The Grand Women’s Summit
- Carlisle Racecourse – Here Come the Girls
- Women’s representation and diversity in the horseracing industry, by Oxford Brookes University and Women in Racing. click here
- Beyond 30, Workplace culture in sport, by Women in Sport. click here
- Why Women’s sport sponsorship is an opportunity brands are missing, by Forbes. click here